Celebrate RFC's 10th Birthday & Give for Good on May 1
Can you believe Robinson Film Center is turning 10?! We’ve come a long way in our first 10 years. Help us dream where we can go in the next 10. Our birthday wish is for you to Give for Good on May 1 and help us reach our goal of $60,000.
This day of giving, organized by the Community Foundation of North Louisiana, is a chance to support our community’s nonprofits by donating online. And what better way to show your love for RFC than a birthday gift that will enable the region's only art house theater to continue to bring the best movies and programming to our community!
How to Give a Birthday Gift to RFC on Give for Good!
1) On May 1, please visit https://www.giveforgoodnla.org/RFC and give online. Your gift is 100 percent tax deductible.
- To make your dollar worth more, you must give online during the 24 hours of May 1. The value of your gift is increased by contributions from Give for Good’s Lagniappe Fund.
- You must give by credit card. Donations via check, cash or stock are not accepted on this platform. If you have questions, please contact Garrett Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Invite your friends and fellow moviegoers to participate in the day of giving.
- Join us for lunch from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. May 1 at Abby Singer’s Bistro. We will debut some delicious new menu items that our Give for Good diners will be the first to try. If the old favorites are more your speed, how about this? For our 10th Anniversary kick off, you can choose one of our $10 specials – Royale with Cheese, shrimp poboy, chicken and waffles and veggie wrap. We won’t let you Give for Good on an empty stomach!
- Celebrate with us at RFC's 10th Birthday Party from 6-8 p.m. May 1 (click here to join the Facebook event)! You can give any time during the 24-hour period, but we'll celebrate with an epic birthday party from 6-8 p.m. May 1! We’ll have live music, champagne and Birthday Cake Martinis to sip on, and chances to win some fantastic party prizes. After a long day of Giving for Good, you deserve a party!
3) When you give on May 1, please share your support with your followers and friends by tagging us at #HappyBirthdayRFC
Why is Give for Good important to RFC?
Give for Good has been a vital source of renewal for our nonprofit theater. In 2014, you gave $48,000 to replace the aging seats in our theaters. The need was desperate because the old seats were worn out! In 2015, the $51,000 added a brand new marquee to our façade. That beautiful gift is a testament to how our crowd has transformed RFC into a destination that serves 60,000 people annually. In 2016, our supporters gave more than $32,000 and helped us bring the best movies and programming to North Louisiana. And again in 2017, Give for Good donors transformed the film center by giving it a much-needed face-lift — new paint, lobby renovations and more — with $50,000 in donations!