GIVE FOR GOOD 2016: It takes a crowd to sustain Robinson Film Center
UPDATE: Giving deadline has been extended to 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 4. You can donate by check in person at RFC or online at http://bit.ly/giveforgoodrfc (site issues should be corrected soon).
Are you ready to Give for Good on May 3? This national day of giving is a chance to support our community’s nonprofits by donating online.
It’s also a chance to boost the Robinson Film Center, a nonprofit art house that depends on generous donor support to keep the programming flowing, the staff happy and the building beautiful.
Organized by the Community Foundation of North Louisiana, last year’s effort secured more than $1.7 million in gifts for 156 nonprofits. For RFC, that meant $51,000 from 274 gifts.
We ask you to contribute online May 3.
Why is Give for Good important to RFC?
Give for Good has been a vital source of renewal for our nonprofit theater. In 2014, you gave $48,000 to replace the aging seats in our theaters. The need was desperate because the old seats were worn out!
In 2015, the $51,000 added a brand new marquee to our façade. That beautiful gift is a testament to how our crowd has transformed RFC into a destination that serves 60,000 people annually.
This year, we’re putting your donations toward what is most important to us – our audience! When you give on May 3, you are supporting the movies, programming and building that can nurture and grow our crowd.
How to give and grow our crowd
1) On May 3, please visit www.giveforgoodnla.org/npo/robinson-film-center and give online. Your gift is 100 percent tax deductible.
- To make your dollar worth more, you must give online during the 24 hours of May 3. The value of your gift is increased by contributions of Give for Good’s Lagniappe Fund.
- You must give by credit card. Donations via check, cash or stock are not accepted on this platform.
2) Invite your friends and fellow moviegoers to participate in the day of giving.
- Join our Facebook event and share it with your friends.
- Join us for lunch May 3 at Abby Singer’s Bistro. It’s our 8th birthday week, so we’ll be dishing out $8 specials.
3) When you give on May 3, please share your support with your followers and friends by tagging us at #GiveforGoodNLA