Now Hiring Special Events Coordinator
Full-time, Base salary
Application deadline: September 29
Email resume and cover letter to RobinsonFilmCenterJobs@gmail.com
The mission of The Robinson Film Center is to provide a venue for international, independent and classic cinema not otherwise available in this region while serving as a resource for film production and media education. The Special Events Coordinator will work to book and administer RFC’s Special Events in coordination with Food and Beverage Manager (direct supervisor), Director of Operations and Controller. Special Events Coordinator makes certain all events are fully staffed and serviced, and also maintains strict adherence to customer service policy and budgetary guidelines. The staff member also ensures standards are met and exceeded and addresses customer comments in a timely and courteous manner.
- Work closely with the Food and Beverage Manager and Controller to book and run special events and any function that is in the multi-purpose rooms.
- Ensure that all events are ready to begin on time, including room set up, staffing, and food.
- Answer on-going correspondence of potential bookings then coordinate, work and/or oversee special events.
- Actively pursue leads for special events and book events in conjunction with directives from the Executive Director.
- Mutually set and individually follow menu and rental pricing.
- Maintain the area in a clean, safe and presentable environment (multipurpose space, etc.) at all times. Spaces should be walk-in ready.
- Control and maintain payroll in special events in coordination with Controller and Food and Beverage Manager.
- With Executive Director, coordinate, work and oversee special events planned by the Board of Directors for development purposes (e.g. annual gala, major donor events).
- Be responsible for and/or assist the Food and Beverage Manager with: procuring of supplies needed to run banquets effectively; schedule events staff; ordering of alcohol; and inventory on a weekly basis.
- Update Food and Beverage Manager and Director of Operations of maintenance and procedural problems, suggesting improvements.
- Keep up with requirements for the Point of Sale system. Update pricing and menu changes.
- Handle initial complaints from staff and customers; and keep Director of Operations and Controller informed of same.
- Assumes role of alternate floor manager in the absence of bistro floor supervisor.
- Maintain the highest standard in customer relations to give our customers the best possible experience at Robinson Film Center.
- Make sure all local, state and federal guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that proper checking of IDs are followed and understood.
- Assures staff has professional and clean appearance.
- Cooperates with and supports other departments within the organization on projects as noted above or created in the future.
- Team player with a can-do attitude.
- All events will require attendance and making sure that they are staffed properly.
- Creates and executes long-range plans.
- Possess organizational skills as well as attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism, patience, enthusiasm, and willingness to work long hours
- Exhibits the ability to work with a variety of different personalities including: staff, volunteers, board members, paid consultants and the public.
- Proficient in standard office software such as Microsoft Office.
- Takes initiative without waiting to be directed.
- Implements creative approaches to leveraging resources.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.